Monday, August 20, 2012

Why You Should Write on a Schedule


Writing on a schedule is like developing a strong muscle. You need to work it, even when you don't feel like it. Eventually, it will get easier to do and will become a habit.

If you want to reach your goals in writing, you need to go to the “gym” on a regular basis and work out those writing muscles!

Why you should write on a schedule.
Lots of people can write. If you can write, good for you, but not a lot of people can write on a consistent basis. Why do you think so many people start a personal blog and write a few posts and get tired of it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of that. I still do that! I have a personal blog that never gets written on, but I write consistently for a few sites each week.

It sucked at first. I started out very excited about my new writing gigs and then I went through a period where I wanted to give up. My writing muscles were tired!

I kept at it, and I realized that sitting down to write every week was starting to get easier. I developed a process that I could execute each time I needed to write an article. I am at the point where I can use this process for anything I write: articles, blog posts, and products.

If you plan on writing for a blog, you need to work this muscle. If you want to be able to write for publications or need to meet deadlines, you need this!

Tip: The more often you write on your blog, the more often google will crawl your site, which is a great thing for SEO and traffic generation!

If you can discipline yourself to write on a schedule, you'll put yourself ahead of so many other content creators and writers.

You're readers will also appreciate consistency. How much more do you want to visit a person's blog or open their emails if you know they will have fresh and interesting content on a weekly basis?

Make it a habit for your audience to check in with you for new content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...